A huge thank you and shout out to Lacey Dearie of the Rock Paper Spirit blog for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I am honoured to be nominated and am so happy to be able to nominate other amazing bloggers that also have a passion for writing about positive and uplifting topics.
RULES OF THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD:
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you for the blog post and add their link to your post.
- Answer the questions which your nominator asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 new bloggers for the award and write them new questions for the same.
- Let your nominees know that they have been nominated.
- List the rules and add the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers. You’ll notice I love a lot of food blogs, but there are some other gems in there that I love as well!
- Minimalist Baker
- The Wanderlust Kitchen
- Bren Did
- Hearing the Heart
- Red & Honey
- Cookie & Kate
- Wellness Mama
- Positively Present
- The Everywhereist
Now…Here are my answers to Lacey’s questions!
1. What made you start blogging?
I decided that I wanted to start a blog because I noticed that there are so many people out there that are working so hard to provide for their families and are missing out on some of the greatest things in life (like spending time with their families, getting a good work out, eating healthy and enjoying life!!) So I decided to start writing about our crazy, hectic, incredible life in the hopes that I could inspire others to pursue an abundant life as well.
2. What was your first blog post about?
I think it was just an introduction to why I am starting a blog!
3. What’s your favourite biscuit/cookie?
I can’t resist a freshly baked Macadamia nut cookie.
4. Who would be your dream interview subject?
I would love to interview Ellen DeGeneres and just talk real with her. She inspires me so much (doesn’t she inspire us all??) and seems like a really fun and caring person. I would love to chat with her – business woman to business woman and learn some things from her!
5. Who would play you in the movie of your life?
I have been told on various occasions throughout my life that I look like Christina Applegate so I would ask her to play me. I think we have a similar quirky, lighthearted personality and she could pull off being me really well.
6. If you could visit any country, which one would it be and why?
I would have to say that I would go back to France and visit Paris…again and again and again!
7. The world is ending and you can only write one more blog post. What is it about?
I probably would end up writing something sentimental about how much I love my kids and husband! Even though the world would be ending and nobody would be able to read it after, I still would want everyone to know how much I love my family.
8. What tips do you have for me on how to improve my blog?
First of all, I really love that you have a “currently exploring” button on the sidebar of your blog. That is such a great idea. I may have to borrow that from you because I just love it! As for tips for your blog: when I click on the “Rock” and “Spirit” tabs of your blog it won’t let me access them without a password. I am not sure what this is but I think it might deter people from other parts of the blog because it feels like you’re unwanted (I felt like I was trespassing!) Maybe you could explain to me a little bit more about what this is? Perhaps I’m just misunderstanding it!! Love the colour scheme of your blog though!
9. What would be your dream brand to work with and why?
Monat! Oh wait, I already work for them!! I honestly work for my dream brand and I am SO happy to be able to represent Monat. I think they have amazing products that are truly life-changing. They give people confidence to look their best and feel their best. They also give people the opportunities to turn their life around and start working for themselves and make the most of life!
10. Which is better: niche or no niche?
When it comes to the blogging world, I think having a niche is better than no niche because you’ll get loyal followers but I think it’s okay to have a wide niche. My niche is all about enjoying life, making the most of each day and enjoying your family. This gives me a huge range of topics to write about because I can write on anything that makes me happy, basically. It’s an amazing niche that allows creativity to flow and you never feel stuck in your writing options!
MY QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
- What made you start blogging?
- When you were young, what did you want to be as an adult?
- Favourite food that is not native to your ethnicity?
- Where does your inspiration for writing come from?
- What is your favourite blog topic to read about?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Camping or Glamping?
- What tips do you have for me on how to improve my blog?
- What is your favourite social media platform?
- What is your favourite app?